The St Albans Striders membership year runs from April to March each year, concurrent with the England Athletics membership year.
The cost for club membership for the full year or any part of it is £27. If you have volunteered at a Striders event between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2019 then you are eligible for volunteer membership at the discounted rate of £17.
Club Records are available for:
- Club records must be set in an official, permitted and certified race: This is to ensure the time was achieved in a race situation on an accurately measured course. Note, this means a time achieved in a parkrun will not count as a 5k record as the events are not certified or advertised as races.
- The results must show St Albans Striders as the affiliated club.
- A club vest must be worn.
- You must be a paid-up member of the club when setting the record.
- First claim members can achieve a track record if competing for St Albans AC post 2012 when the clubs amalgamated for competitions.
- Second claim members can achieve a record if they are competing in a road race in which they cannot represent their first claim club.
- Where both gun and chip times are available, the chip time should be used.
- Club records are available in the following age categories: Women - Senior, V35, V45, V55, V65 etc. Men - Senior, V40, V50, V60 etc. Asterisks around a time denotes the overall club record for the fastest time achieved across all age categories.
- The following IAAF competition rules are adopted for club records in road running events: The start and finish points of a course, measured along a theoretical straight line between them, shall not be further apart than 50% of the race distance. The overall decrease in elevation between the start and finish shall not exceed 1:1000, i.e. 1m per km.
If you think you have achieved a club record and it isn't listed here, please email Lucy at newsletter @ stalbansstriders.com with a link to your race result.